Mosquitoes aren’t just annoying, they are carriers of disease.
Whether you’re going to a tropical destination on vacation or it’s just a hot summer night, avoiding mosquitoes can be difficult.
Every place has its own mosquitoes with their own issues, but they all leave bite marks and itchy red irritation.
While mosquitoes prefer certain blood types to others, they don’t discriminate.
All mosquitoes want to taste the blood of humans and other animals.
While you could just ignore mosquitoes and wear lengthy clothing, you should take the next step to protect yourself from the health risks and disease that come mosquito bites.
The MoskiX Band can help.
But is MoskiX Band mosquito repellent bracelet worth the price?
Should you buy MoskiX Band for extra mosquito bite protection?
How does the wearable wristband even work to effectively eliminate or reduce bug bites?
Find out everything you need to know about MoskiX Band today in our review.
Why You Should Protect Yourself?
Mosquitoes cause painful bites, but they can also transmit disease when they bite you.
The bites are irritating, itchy, and annoying. If you scratch them, you can spread the irritation.
While there are a host of repellants available online and brick-and-mortar stores, you should go a step further.
How? you might ask.
Luckily there is a great product called the MoskiX Mosquito Band that provides protection from mosquitoes.
What is Moskix Band?
The Moskix Band is an electronic bracelet-like device that helps to keep mosquitoes away.
The mosquito band fits perfectly on the wrist like a wristband and uses ultrasonic technology.
It is also small, like the size of a normal wristwatch.
The device is reliable and comfortable for any size of persons, from infants to the elderly.
Immediately you wear the MoskiX Band on your wrist, be assured of full protection from any mosquito.
It uses a technology that produces a sound whose frequency matches that of a mosquito.
The soundwaves confuse the mosquitoes and therefore redirects them away.
The sound has no side effects on you as well as the environment.
It is completely safe.
You no longer itch or worry about infections.
Moskix band is the most efficient mosquito repellant on the market and will surely keep unwanted pests away.
Whether you are on a vacation or need something for the summer months, no one wants to be food for insects.
These annoying mosquitoes don’t care who they bite, leaving an itchy area that can become infected if left untreated.
To prevent yourself from being at risk of a serious health issue, the best thing you can do is to avoid getting bitten in the first place.
Among the many mosquito repellants on the market, a number of them are unreliable.
But thanks to MoskiX Band, this is a product everyone can trust.
How Does MoskiX Band Work?
MoskiX Band repels insects by emitting sound at a specific frequency. You plug the wristwatch in using an ordinary USB cord, and it takes 30 minutes to reach a full charge. MoskiX Band will run for 130 hours (just under one week) on a full charge, assuming constant use. It will run on standby for 30 days.
That sound creates a barrier between you and the insect, encouraging the insect to stay away. The sound is annoying to mosquitos, deterring them from attacking you.
In indoor mode, the wristband emits sound, although it’s less powerful than outdoor mode. Your wristwatch is more effective indoors at lower noise levels due to less interference, so you can safely reduce power.
In outdoor mode, the wristband emits the maximum amount of sound. Outdoors, mosquitos face all types of interference from sounds of varying frequencies, so MoskiX Band needs to increase volume to deter mosquitoes.
Silent mode, meanwhile, is designed for situations where you’re not surrounded by mosquitos.
Overall, MoskiX Band claims to be a non-intrusive, chemical-free option proven to keep mosquitos away. The device claims to repel approximately 70% of mosquitos.
MoskiX Band also claims there are no side effects, fumes, odors, or anything else that could harm women, young children or animals. The wristband emits sound at a wavelength that only affects mosquitos and insects – not humans and animals.
Moskix Band Specifications
- It is a purely physical mosquito repellent, free of any chemicals, safer and environmentally friendly.
- It can be worn by old people, children, pregnant women and even pets. It is easy to carry both indoors and outdoors (seaside, park, camping, hiking, fishing, etc.)
- Pest Type: Mosquitoes
- Repellent Type: Mosquito Repellent Bracelets & Buttons
- Item Category: Mosquito Repellent Bracelet
- Rated Voltage: None
- Set Type: Yes
- Charging time: about 30 minutes
- Input: 5V/1A
- Output : 34Hz-70KHz
- Lifetime : 130h
- Color: black, white
Moskix Band Features
- The Moskix band operates on an ultrasonic principle.
- The wristband is made of very light, skin-friendly, and soft TPU material.
- The strap is lightweight and can be adjusted. It is very comfortable to wear.
- The bracelet can imitate the sound of insects and mosquitoes and effectively drive 70% -80% of mosquitoes.
- It is suitable for outings, travel, business trips, etc., to avoid mosquito or insect harassment.
- It is a purely physical mosquito repellent. The Moskix mosquito repellent is made and developed for the frequency of all pests.
- There is no cause for worry about the impact on the human body, no smell, no noise, no radiation, and it can be used and enjoyed by the whole family.
- Moskix band mosquito repellent effect is significant, more suitable for infants and young children, and can be used by even pregnant women and pets.
- It is a USB mosquito repellent bracelet with a built-in 90mA polymer lithium battery and can work continuously for 60 hours without frequent battery replacement. It can last for up to 25 days and has a built-in smart chip with an all-day smart drive low-power operation thereby saving power.
- It is an IP67 waterproof mosquito repellent bracelet. While swimming, it can also be worn with confidence, it is waterproof and dustproof, and not only can it protect against particulate dust in daily life, cosmetics, sweat, or other corrosive substances, you can even directly wear when swimming or wash with water.
- Very efficient mosquito repellent.
- Built-in smart chip, write various effective sound wave frequencies into the chip.
- The effect of mosquito repellent is more significant, the combination of three sets of frequency conversion frequency oscillation frequency and timing automatic shutdown, to better drive all kinds of mosquitoes.
- The mosquito repellent effect can reach 1 meter, which is harmless to the human body.
What is Included in The MoskiX Band Package Included
- 1 bracelet
- 1 instruction manual
- 1 charging cable
How to Use It?
According to most Moskix Band reviews, the best part about this product is that it it easy to use.
You wear it.
There is nothing magical or special about using a mosquito repellent band.
You put it on and that’s the end of it. There’s nothing else to do.
There is only one exception and we’ll get to that later.
Benefits of the MoskiX Band
With the moskiX band your entire family is safer considering the following advantages:
- It is an environmentally friendly device and hence does not cause any danger in the house or whichever place you might choose to make use of the equipment.
- It is also reliable and very easy to use you only need to strap the device on your wrist and turn it on to start using.
- It is user-friendly and therefore does not register any side effects to the user since the device does not emit any harmful chemicals or radiation.
- The bracelet is also adjustable and therefore can be used by anyone in the family.
- It is long-lasting since it only needs to be recharged and recharging takes less than an hour. On a full charge, it can function for more than three days, depending on how often it is used.
- The device is also portable. It is, therefore, suitable for a business trip or vacation or anywhere you decide to take it with you.
Scientific Evidence for MoskiX Band
MoskiX Band claims to be “proven” to repel 70% of mosquitos and reduce mosquito bites by 70%.
Despite the fact it’s “proven”, MoskiX Band provides no scientific evidence or studies it works as advertised to repel mosquitos.
The company does not reference any studies or research proving the wristband works as advertised to repel mosquitos.
We’ve examined other research. Some evidence shows you can repel mosquitos with sound, while other evidence shows it’s unlikely.
You can find dozens of free and paid smartphone apps, for example, that claim to repel mosquitos.
You download and install the app, then run it constantly to keep mosquitos at bay.
Like MoskiX Band, these apps claim to emit sound at a specific frequency to deter mosquitos.
In 2012, a radio station in Brazil went viral for broadcasting a high-frequency sound from 6 to 8pm, which was peak time for mosquitos in the region.
The radio station told listeners to turn up the sound and stay close to their radios to prevent mosquito bites.
The radio station claimed the sound was “all but inaudible to humans”, but to mosquitos, it sounded like the flutter and presence of a dragonfly, which is a natural predator of the mosquito.
Mobile apps claim to emit a tone at three frequencies, including 14 kHz, 16 kHz, and 20 kHz, while the human ear has a hearing range of 20 to 20,000 Hz.
The radio station in Brazil, meanwhile, transmitted sound at 15 kHz.
Unfortunately, there’s limited evidence showing you can use sounds to repel mosquitos.
One 2010 study found that electronic mosquito repellers actually increase the risk of biting: the sound encourages mosquitos to bite instead of keeping them away.
Another review study analyzed 10 trials and concluded that ultrasonic repellant devices “have no effect on preventing mosquito bites”. Researchers claimed the repellers “should not be recommended or used”, and that “it would not be worthwhile to conduct further research on EMRs [electronic mosquito repellents] in preventing mosquitos biting or in trying to prevent the acquisition of malaria”.
Ultimately, most evidence shows that sound does not deter mosquitos in any way. Since MoskiX Band provides no further evidence it works as advertised, there’s no proof it works to deter any mosquitos – not to mention 70% of mosquitos.
Does MoskiX Band Work Or Is It A Scam?
Most products on the market use ineffective and less efficient methods and fail to make a difference when it comes to repelling insects.
MoskiX Band is a product that has been proven to repel up to 70% of mosquitos and this makes it one of the most effective products available.
It imitates the sound of the mosquitoes which keeps them at bay, making sure you stay bite-free and comfortable.
It uses sound and frequency hence, it is not intrusive to your health and is also friendly to the environment.
The soundwave it produces creates a barrier between you and the insect, keeping them away.
MoskiX Band Pricing
MoskiX Band is priced at $90 per wristband, although you can get a discount by ordering multiple wristbands at the same time.
If you buy 5 wristbands, MoskiX Band is just $53 per unit.
- 1 Wristband: $89
- 2 Wristbands: $139
- 3 Wristbands: $177
- 4 Wristbands: $219
- 5 Wristbands: $267
The sales page has an upsell for a 3-year warranty.
You can pay $14 to add a 3-year warranty to your MoskiX Band.
It appears this warranty does not protect you against all damage to the device: it simply extends the manufacturer’s existing warranty.
MoskiX Band Refund Policy
MoskiX Band has no refund for any opened or used products. If you have opened or used MoskiX Band, then found it did not work as advertised, then you will not qualify for a refund.
If your MoskiX Band is still in the original, unopened packaging, however, then you can qualify for a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
It’s unclear if you can request a refund on any defective products if the product is opened.
The terms and conditions claims you have 30 days to send back a defective or damaged product, although it also states products need to be unopened and in their original package to qualify for a refund.
Who’s Behind MoskiX Band?
MoskiX Band is marketed online by an Estonia-based company named Novads OU.
The company sells various products online, including electronics.
Novads OU seems to source its products from cheaper manufacturers in China, then sells those products online to western markets at higher prices.
You can contact the makers of MoskiX Band via the following:
- Phone (International): +44 20 3808 9234
- Phone (Brazil): +552135003992
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: Valukoja 22 11415 Tallinn Estonia
MoskiX Band is a mosquito repellent wristband that makes big claims about its effectiveness, yet fails to back up these claims with any evidence.
Most studies show that ultrasonic wristbands do not repel mosquitos, and MoskiX Band provides no evidence showing it works as advertised to reduce biting or repel mosquitos.
Plus, you can find free smartphone apps that do a similar job.
These apps emit sound at a specific frequency – just like MoskiX Band.
Overall, it’s unclear why someone would pay $90 for this mosquito repellant device.
However, if you believe ultrasonic noise can repel mosquitos, and you want a convenient device on your wrist at all times, then MoskiX Band is one option.